About South Star Mining
South Star Mining Corp. (STS – TSX Venture Exchange) (OTCQB: STSBF) is focused on the acquisition and development of near-term mine production projects in Brazil to maximize shareholder value. The company is currently developing the Santa Cruz Graphite Project in the Bahia State, Brazil.
(January 31, 2020) Maiden mineral reserves for the project are 3.98 million tonnes at 2.49% Cg of Proven and 8.3 million tonnes at 2.35% Cg of Probable for total contained graphite of 295,400 tonnes.
Santa Cruz Graphite Project
- Mining Method: Open Pit
- Process/Metallurgy: Milling & Flotation
- Life of Mine: 12 years
- Annual Production (years 1-2): 5,000 t p.a.
- Annual Production (year 4-11): 25,000 t p.a.
- Capital Costs – Phase 1: US$ 7,300,000
- Capital Costs – Phase 2: US$ 27,200,000
- Avg. Operating Costs(LOM): US$ 396 per tonne of conc.
- Avg. Weighted Price: US$ 1287/t
Key Financial Results
- Post-tax NPV5%: US$ 81,200,000
- Post-tax all Equity IRR: 35% p.a.
- Post-tax Free Cash Flow (LOM): US$ 129,000,000
- Payback Period: 4 years